Full Member of The Casting Directors’ Guild (CDG), Jessica Ronane is well known for theatre casting work, especially casting children for West End musical theatre roles.
However, she also has extensive experience casting for film and television productions.
In this 2017 advice to Spotlight actors, Jessica Ronane says they should read all the material they are sent, really think about it and understand the role they are coming in for.
They should also be well rested and well presented.
YouTube: Everything You Need to Know About: Auditioning
Jessica Ronane’s screen credits as Casting Director include:
- Longbourn (announced)
- 2022 Brideshead Revisited (TV Mini Series) (2021) (announced)
- 2021 The Amazing Mr Blunden (TV Movie) (post-production)
- 2020 The Three Kings
- 2020 Emma.
- 2019 The Kid Who Would Be King
- 2018/II Night Out (Short)
- 2014-2017 Evermoor (TV Series) (35 episodes)
- 2017 National Theatre Live: Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
- 2015 Don’t Blame Us Cos We’re Famous! (Short)
- 2014 Anita B.
- 2012 Little Crackers (TV Series) (1 episode)
- 2012 The Facility
- 2011 Hunky Dory
- 2011/II Chalk (Short)
- 2011/I Elsewhere (Short)
- 2011 Eric & Ernie (TV Movie) (casting: children)
- 2010 Patagonia
- 2009 Jenny & the Worm (Short)
- 2009 Half Moon Investigations (TV Series) (13 episodes)
- 2008 Pop Art (Short)
- 2006-2008 Young Dracula (TV Series) (27 episodes)
- 2007 Wednesday (Short)
Jessica Ronane’s other casting credits for screen productions include: